The Bartow County Democratic Committee (BCDC) is an official committee of the Democratic Party of Georgia (DPG) located in the State’s 11th Congressional District. Our mission is to inform local residents of the values and ideals of the Democratic Party, to develop new candidates to run for office, and to support and advocate for current Democratic elected officials. Our foundational belief is that all people are created equal.
We represent all of the residents of Bartow: Adairsville, Cartersville, Cassville, Emerson, Euharlee, Kingston, Taylorsville, and White- as well as portions of Acworth.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) is the formal governing body for the United States Democratic Party of which we, the Bartow County Democratic Party (BCDP), are affiliated through the Democratic Party of Georgia (DPG). Our party is founded on several core beliefs. Democrats believe that we’re stronger together and that our amazing country succeeds when everyone works together and when we all have equal opportunities and play by the same set of rules. Our party is focused on a nation and economy that lifts up all Americans equally, not just those at the top.
The core beliefs of our party are as follows:
- Raising wages, closing the wealth gap, strengthening Social Security
- Lowering health care costs; ensuring all Americans have access to quality, affordable health care; stabilizing Medicare and Medicaid
- Implementing sensible immigration reform that keeps America’s promise
- Defending our borders, our ideals, and our institutions
- Supporting our veterans and military families
- Fixing our criminal justice system
- Eliminating systemic racism
- Guaranteeing rights for minorities, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ+ community, and all Americans
- Acting to advance women’s rights, protect access to reproductive care, fight for equal pay, stop violence against women, and elect more women to public office
- Protecting and promoting every American’s fundamental right to vote
- Advancing clean energy and climate change action
- Advancing common-sense gun reforms
- Working for smarter infrastructure investments
- Advancing access to liberty and equality for all
- Investing in modern education that prepare our children to be informed and productive citizens
- Creating jobs and workforce development programs that promote employment in careers that provide for a living wage